Kärcher Home & Garden Online Help
Welcome to the official online help resource for Kärcher Home & Garden products sold in the US and Canada. Below are several channels of support including how to buy spare parts, locate a service center in your area, download owner’s manuals or contact our customer care team online. You also can find answers to many common issues by typing your question below or clicking the Knowledgebase link. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to helping you make the most of your Kärcher product!
What maintenance should I perform on my pressure washer's pump?
***SHORT-TERM Protection - After Each Operation***|
• Flush the chemical hose and filter to remove any detergent residue to help prevent corrosion.
• Turn off the water supply connected to the pressure washer.
• Depress the trigger on the spray wand to release all the pressure from the hose.
• Disconnect the garden hose and high-pressure hose from the pressure washer.
• Disengage the spark plug connector wire to guarantee the engine will not start.
Disconnect the garden hose from the machine and turn the power switch to the ""ON"" and OFF"" position four to five times for 1-3 seconds each to purge water from the pump. This step will help safeguard the pump from damage.
Slowly pull the engine start rope five times to purge water from the pump. This step will help safeguard the pump from damage.
Store the pressure washer in a dry place away from the elements.
Note: Gas stabilizers can be mixed along with regular gas to help extend the life and performance of the engine.
***LONG-TERM - Longer than 2 Months***
• Removing the gas from the gas tank will extend the life and performance of the engine. Evaporated gas can cause damage to the fuel line, fuel filter, and carburetor.
• Use Kärcher Pump Guard (9.558-998.0) to protect your pressure washer when not in use. The Pump Guard is specially formulated to protect your pressure washer against corrosion, premature wear, freezing temperatures (-25F), and adds lubrication to valves and seals to prevent sticking.
• View and print out our detailed Pump Guard Guide for Electric Pressure Washers
• View and print out our detailed Pump Guard Guide for Gas Pressure Washers